Matthew is an experienced tutor who specialises in Physics, Maths and English. We are particularly impressed with his passion for knowledge and found his enthusiasm to be infectious.
Physics (11+, 13+, 16+ GCSE, AS/A2, Degree)
Maths (11+, 13+, 16+, GCSE, AS/A2, Degree)
English (11+, 13+, 16+, GCSE, AS/A2)
Drama (GCSE, AS/A2)
I have been working as a private tutor for over 7 years and have well over 3000 hours of tutoring experience. I am especially accomplished in helping students prepare for 11+, 13+ and 16+ entrance exams since this type of tutoring is in high demand in London.
- Cambridge University (2013) - Research Physicist in Quantum Computing
- London School of Economics (2009) - MSc Philosophy and History of Science (Masters)
- University of St Andrews (2007) - MPhys Astrophysics, 1st class (Masters)
- Wallace Hall Academy (2002) - Scottish Advanced Highers (A-level): 4As (School)
- Wallace Hall Academy (2001) - Scottish Highers (AS-level): 5As (School)
I used to work as a research physicist at Cambridge University. I have always have had a dual interest in the arts and sciences. I’ve written a novel and several full length plays and got into directing student plays and films at Cambridge. I now co-run a small production company making music videos and adverts and our first feature film is in production.
APPROACH TO TUITION
I am passionate about the subjects I tutor in and education in general. Knowledge is liberating and my subjects especially open many doors. They are not easy and require a willingness to work hard, but I strongly believe that anyone can get to grips with them if given the correct guidance. Most often the problem is not the student but a poor teacher, unresolved conceptual difficulties or lack of motivation. I want to fix these issues for you.